Laser sources with high coherence like DFB, DBR lasers or lasers with an external cavity are mounted in a miniaturized master-oscillator power-amplifier configuration, for example. The amplification is realized by a tapered amplifier, whereas the beam shaping is done using micro lenses. A subsequent coupling into optical fibers is possible, too.
- Semiconductor layer structures deposited by MOVPE
- Laser chip technology including surface Bragg gratings
- Optical design and thermomechanical management
- Precise mounting on micro-optical bench
- Fiber coupling (into single-mode, low mode number and polarization maintaining fibers)