Wide-Bandgap Electronics Department
We develop and research high-frequency and power electronic devices based on the wide-bandgap semiconductors GaN, AlN und Ga2O3.
High-speed field-effect devices
We use them for novel microwave power devices:
- Discrete GaN power transistors for applications in the L- to C-band - these are used in our microwave plasma sources, among others.
- GaN MMICs for the X-band - these are used in our digital power amplifiers, among other things.
- We are currently developing Ka-band MMICs as part of the European project GaNSAT.
High-voltage power switching transistors
We are currently developing
Measurements & simulation
Our focus is on
- Device simulations: physically oriented as well as thermal and mechanical
- Device characterization: comprehensive characterization of dynamic properties including heat distribution over extended power transistors and their thermal impedance
- Reliability analysis with customized test routines