The Ferdinand-Braun-Institut is committed to providing its employees a family-friendly workplace. By means of various proposals and individual arrangements, the institute provides both, female and male colleagues, the best benefits possible to support a healthy, balanced work and private life, such as
- individual work options for employees with little children or other family responsibilities, by e.g. flexible working hours (part-time, flexible time-program ...)
- human resources development by re-entry agreements, advanced vocational training during or after maternity and parental leave
- help with child care vacancies by offering a "children’s room". FBH has equipped a special playroom for children with a computer, books and various games. An additional computer enables parents to work whilst their children read or play.
- supplementary service for families by offering advisory service and assistance to find appropriate child-care offers near the institute, provision of reserved places in a nearby day care financed by the institute
- consideration of double-career couples
Already several times, the Ferdinand-Braun-Institut has been awarded with the first prize "family-friendly workplace Treptow-Köpenick" by the district.
We thank Terzio (since 2012 Carlsen Publishers) for supporting our "children’s room" with books and computer games.